Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CW10
Reel Rookie

Can’t find popular U.K. channels

I recently reset my Roku express device and now cannot find an popular U.K. streaming channels like BBC iPlayer or ITV hub or NOW tv etc. Only what seems to be American channels? I’m still in the U.K., set up the device in the U.K., checked that the settings & IP address are all U.K. and still no luck. What can I do to fix this? Helpppp! 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t find popular U.K. channels

Are you still linked to the same Roku account (as shown by the email address from Settings > System > About)?

At the time you set this all up again, might you have been connected to the internet via a VPN located in a non-UK location?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
CW10
Reel Rookie

The IP address showing the the section on the device you suggested is actually showing up 1 digit different to what my wifi IP address actually is, despite being connected to it. However it’s not coming up as VPN etc. Could this cause the issue? How could I correct it… 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The IP address that shows up under Settings is its local IP address.  It's something like 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x, right?  That number could change every time it reboots, but it shouldn't affect anything.  I like to use DHCP reservations in my router setup for my devices so their IP addresses stay put.

When you reset it did you link it to the previous Roku account or did you create a new one? 

It sounds like you've verified it, but just to double check, if you go to https://www.iplocation.net/ on a computer connected to the same Wi-Fi does it show that you're in the UK?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mbearpa

All too complicated.  A Roku rep claims most channels will play, but none of the several I tried will work.  I am using an iPad which might make connectivity worse. But, while here, ROKU seems to thwart attempts to play back.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mbearpa

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos