Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbarron1158
Reel Rookie

Can't easily review local scanned local channels

Help.  I have both streaming and antenna correctly hooked up to the TCL/Roku tv.  Do not see any of the confirmed scanned local channels in the Live TV Channel Guide.  Have seen some other posts which state to hide the streaming channels under Manage Channels.  So, when I hide the streaming channels and go back to the Live TV Channel Guide, still lists just the streaming channels and no local channels.

The only way I can see my 100+ local scanned channels is to stay on the Manage Channels screen and it shows just my local scanned channels.  So, it appears that hiding streaming channels only works on the Manage Channels area and not the Live TV Channel Guide.  No matter what I have selected/deselected, it is not showing local channels under the LIve TV Channel Guide.  

If so, this is a maddening way in which to just watch local channels.  It seems some years ago there used to be an Antenna icon on the Roku screen and it would switch to live tv by clicking that icon.  Now, that icon is no longer there and I assume was replaced with the Live TV Channel guide.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't easily review local scanned local channels

Hi @rbarron1158,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Please check out this support article here on how to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further. 
Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
rbarron1158
Reel Rookie

HI John,

Yes, I have an antenna properly connected and all 100+ channels scanned.  Have read all of Roku's help about setting up an antenna.

The problem exists even after following the instructions.  Further, I have Googled the issue and others have experienced this same issue.  The scanned local channels are all there, but are only viewable if one goes under Settings, TV Inputs, Live TV, Manage Channels, Click Hiding streaming channels, Click Manage all channels.  Then all my local 100+ channels that I scanned show up and are viewable through a channel guide.

If I go back to the LIve TV icon on Roku, it still only shows the Roku streaming channels and none of the 100+ local channels.

Keep in mind, before Roku had the Live TV icon, they had an Antenna icon to view local scanned channels. This had worked perfectly over the years until it was replaced by the Live TV icon, which is not grabbing the scanned local channels as well.

As said before, I can still get the local channels, but have to go through 6 or more steps to get to them.

DavidTara

Hi John, we've been following the debate about Antenna or Streaming and are experiencing the same snafu. We have to choose one or the other, as of last week, when it all worked fine! A recent update may have messed it up. One moderator requests tv model #, etc, which I will happily supply to you if you think it would help straighten out this problem. List my specs  here?, or to you directly? Please reply! TYVM