Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juicebox317
Level 7

Can’t download certain apps

Hulu, Netflix Discovery plus and even the Roku channel app won’t work on my device. It’s an ONN tv with built in Roku. I’ve tried to update it, hard reset and factory reset yet nothing. Any help would greatly be appreciated 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t download certain apps

What do you mean by "won't work"?  Do they appear on your Home Screen?  Do they show up when you search in Streaming Channels?  Most importantly, where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Juicebox317
Level 7

They show up. I’m in Indiana. Everything was working fine until about 3 days ago. For instance, I click on Hulu and it says “network error”. If I click on Discovery Plus it says something to the effect of “can’t playback DRM”. I’ve done every kind of reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, factory reset. I’m out of ideas 

0 Kudos
Bluegrass
Level 7

Been having similar issues all day today in Utah. Apps such as Vudu, Philo, FuboTV, kids Roku app, all have issues loading. Some won't open up at all, others will open but the data will not load. Other apps are working fine. I've tried everything, ISP, router, factory resets etc. I've noticed other strange things too... Doing connection tests pass with internet doing good, yet I am unable to remove a channel because it shows not connected to the internet, in fact, I don't even get so far as to see the remove option. After doing a factory reset I can't activate the Roku either... It's unable to send the email. Really weird stuff... Would like to see a resolution. Been working fine until today. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Juicebox317, what's the software version that shows under Settings->System->About?  Version 10.5 is rolling out and seems to be causing problems for some people.

@Bluegrass, if you can't get through the setup after a factory reset you may want to try to connect to your phone's hotspot, if possible, to get it linked again.

Also, do either of you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your Internet service provider?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bluegrass
Level 7

I have at least 3 different Roku devices, all experiencing the same issues. Only did a factory reset on one of them. Looking at the other two they're on version 10.0.0 build 4209-46.

Also, there are no updates available, last updated June 30th.

I have Intellipop for internet. 

Just checked this morning. Same issue continues. I can access all of these streaming providers via my phone with and with out wifi, also works on the computer but not via the Roku devices. There's got to be something bigger going on here.

I also did try using my mobile hotspot on multiple occasions, but that did not eliminate the issues, while other apps continued to work well on either internet connection. I also have some devices using an Ethernet and others using wifi, no difference and this all started yesterday. ISP says all is well on their end...

0 Kudos
Juicebox317
Level 7

That’s awful. I actually did get discovery plus back this morning. I’m too scared to try the other apps ha 

0 Kudos
Bluegrass
Level 7

Honestly I think the YouTube app was having the same problem. 😞

0 Kudos
Bluegrass
Level 7

Turns out the issue was with the ISP. Misconfigured switch on some new hardware. Everything is working now. 

0 Kudos
Jimmy05
Level 7

My Roku devices are working well.😄

0 Kudos