Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian_C
Reel Rookie

Can't add Disney, HBO max, And Prime video to my roku channel

Jump to solution

I need available my favorites and primary streams platform in roku. I'm an active customer for this streams platforms and works perfect without limitations in my location whit my LG Smart TV.

I contact, as soppport ask me, to amazon, disney and HBO and all of then told me the same. They have NO RESTRICTIONS in my location, and they HAVE NO responsibility on how, YOU ROKU, manage their availability locations for channel.

Is logical that if their service is no available, i can't set up the account and of course no works, but here is a problem from your team, the channel is NOT available. This is not a problem from neighter amazon nor disney nor hbo. Please solve this, i thing you are a serius company when i bought your product

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't add Disney, HBO max, And Prime video to my roku channel

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jhjoanne,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting here  - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? | Official Roku Support Canada

Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support Canada

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted here. Choose the option for "Account, Payments & Subscription." This should resolve the error you are seeing.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Lrom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you solve this issue? I just got a ROKU Ultra and I don't see Disney, HBO or Prime in the channel list. I just can't install these.

0 Kudos
Christian_C
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, no. Roku puts an IP proxy filter, and if you are not in USA you cant add this channel. No one in roku makes responsable for this issue but this sucks. 

I dont no why roku has this filter and why they avoid others locations to access this principals channels, they have no excuse

0 Kudos
Lrom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is this only for the Roku Ultra? I am not in USA but I also got an Express 4K and its working fine in that one, HBO, Disney, the roku channel... name it, it's there.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lrom,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Where are you currently located? Please be noted that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion.

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
PlopezKy

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, I purchased 3 Roku TVs for my kids’ rooms and they cannot access these apps from these TVs

We do not live in the USA but I have these apps downloaded on our iPads/ iPhones and Samsung smart TV and they all work fine 

it’s just this BRAND that is being so ridiculous, should definitely come with a warning to international customers 

PlopezKy

Jump to solution

Hi Mary 

this has nothing to do with the providers, I do not live in the USA but I have apps such as Disney plus on my Samsung smart Tv , iPhone and iPad 

this is an ISSUE WITH the Roku TV brand 

and it is unfair to international customers

i have a paid subscription with Disney plus that I cannot use on these Roku TV 

this need to be escalated and resolved 

Christian_C
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not only with roku tv. Is also with another productos like roku stick. 

the problem is why roku puts an IP proxy filter to access the channels. 

If roku brand is fare they must be responsable with their products and customers. 

Then they excuse saying that they dont manage channels restrictions but roku is rrstrictive, channel developer have no Dogs in this figth

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christian_C
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is Not a solution.

I am a customers of all this channels providers, and ask to EVERYONE. All said the same, "if you could not use my service, you could not loguin or will not work, but if you can not access to my channel is roku's limitation, not owers because we do not manage roku availability"

So you are confusing and avoiding we, your customers.

And NO One saw that your post is a solution. Dont lie