Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mkecollins

Re: Can't Get Someone's Account Off Our Roku Tv

Unfortunately, in order to log off you have to enter the other user’s password, which of course you don’t know.  This is stupid.  Yes I understand this is a Disney app, but I’m requesting Roku to please take a significantly more active role in getting this resolved with Disney.  To make matters worse, since the credentials are (apparently cached on Roku’s servers, all 4 of my Roku devices now have this same exact issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mkecollins,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate and value your feedback. We’re sorry you're having trouble with your Disney Plus account on your Roku device.

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: helpdesk - Disney+ (disneyplus.com)

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVUserInCDA
Reel Rookie

Having this same issue! EXCEPT - the Disney account is locked with a pin and I can't get it to logout of my TV. I'm working with Disney+ support now (Jefry) and so far Jefry has been very helpful. I'm hoping this gets resolved.  I will post back what the outcome is. @Disney+ #Disney+

0 Kudos
TVUserInCDA
Reel Rookie

A follow on to the saga with Disney+.  It appears the only way to get this to be fixed is either:

A. Person who's account it is unlocks their account and then logs out of your tv.
B. Setup the TV using an entirely different ROKU account.

The user data for the Disney+ links back to your ROKU account and according to Disney, there is no way to clear it out if the offending person continues to maintain an account at Disney.

Likely I'm going to have to set up an entirely separate account through ROKU (which is a P.I.T.A.).  ROKU - if you're listening, it would be great to give users the ability to remove channels / account data right on the website.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @TVUserInCDA!

We appreciate you for sharing your input. You can certainly remove an app from your Roku streaming device/TV from within your channel lineup or within the Roku Channel Store. When you've decided to remove a channel/app, you must first determine if you have a subscription to it, whether it may be a subscription directly from the app/channel or under your Roku account. Here's how to check:

1. Visit the Roku official website
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account
  3. Select Manage Your Subscription

If the channel/app you want to remove is listed on this page, the subscription must first be canceled before it can be totally removed from your Roku streaming device/TV. After doing so, here's our Support article to help you Remove channels from within your channel lineup or through the Roku Channel Store. 

Let us know if you have further clarifications. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos