Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belitalom
Reel Rookie

Can’t Add Channel Without PIN Code

I added The HBO Max channel on a couple of our TV’s, I had to enter a PIN number to add channel. I decided to take the PIN code off to add a channel. I wanted to add HBO Max to another TV. The enter PIN number box keeps coming up even after I took that feature off to add a channel. There is absolutely no way of talking with a support agent which is really  ridiculous. Why does that PIN code box keep coming up even after I took that feature off to add a channel? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t Add Channel Without PIN Code

Hi @Belitalom, thanks for the post! We see that you're having issues with your PIN still being asked on your devices after removing it in the settings. We recommend restarting your devices so they can update according to your account's PIN preferences. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Please let us know how it goes. We're here to help.

0 Kudos
Belitalom
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the suggestion, but I already tried that, and I just tried that again. It still wants me to enter a PIN Code? I was thinking of doing a Factory Reset.  I would have to add all my channels again but at this point not sure what else to try? Any suggestions? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the update! Before factory resetting, we advise you to check if the same account that you logged in to and changed the PIN preferences for is the same one that your Roku device is linked to. You can check for the email associated with your device by going to Home > Settings > System > About.

Please keep us updated!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have a kid's profile set up on your HBO Max account?  This has you set up a PIN for HBO Max, independent of any Roko PIN.

See this Hbo Max page: https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001267

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Belitalom 

First, put factory reset out of your mind. That's a last resort. You are not at that point. And if you don't check the things about to be suggested, a factory reset could very well put you right back where you are now, only with the pain of a factory reset to remember. So hold off on doing that.

Be aware that if you add an app to one device -- even if you have to enter a PIN -- it will automatically add the app to other devices on the same Roku account. If you added an app to one Roku and it didn't show up on another Roku, then that Roku isn't on the same account -- or something really bad wrong is happening.

So, on each device you want to add the app, go to Settings > System > About

See the email address? That's the email address to the Roku account tied to that device. Any device with that email address on that About screen will have the same apps (unless the app isn't supported on a particular device, but that is rare).

Also, while you're on that About screen, look a the Roku model number and Software version. What are they? Tell us and that may help explain some things, depending on the model number and OS version.

If you have to use a PIN to add an app, then re-check the settings at https://my.roku.com and click the Pin Preference button. Check the settings there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos