Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahansen_73
Reel Rookie

Can I use Apple TV + from T-Mobile?

Jump to solution

I switched to T-Mobile for my cell service and they offered me Apple TV+ on them. I accepted. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to authorize on my Roku device. It keeps sending me to Apple to verify my account. I can't seem to get help from Apple (they say to ask T-Mobile). T-Mobile doesn't seem to be responsive and it just says I'm all set. Is it even possible? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I use Apple TV + from T-Mobile

Jump to solution

Hi @ahansen_73

Thank you for the post.

If you have subscribed to Apple TV+ through T-Mobile and are having trouble authorizing the service on your Roku device, here are a few things you can try:

• Ensure that your Roku device is updated to the latest software version.
  • Verify that your Apple ID is connected to your T-Mobile account and that you have activated the Apple TV+ subscription.
  • Sign out of your Apple ID on your Roku device and sign back in.
  • Try removing the Apple TV+ channel from your Roku device and then re-add it.
  • If none of the above steps work, contact T-Mobile customer service to troubleshoot the issue.

To access Apple TV+ on Roku, you must download the Apple TV app and sign in with your Apple ID. If you run into any issues, go ahead and reach out directly to Apple TV+ for assistance,  as they manage their own channel and authentication partners. 

Warm regards.
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ahansen_73

Thank you for the post.

If you have subscribed to Apple TV+ through T-Mobile and are having trouble authorizing the service on your Roku device, here are a few things you can try:

• Verify that your Apple ID is connected to your T-Mobile account and that you have activated the Apple TV+ subscription.
  • If none of the above steps work, contact T-Mobile customer service to troubleshoot the issue.

To access Apple TV+ on Roku, you must download the Apple TV app and sign in with your Apple ID. If you run into any issues, go ahead and reach out directly to Apple TV+ for assistance,  as they manage their own channel and authentication partners. 

Warm regards.
Lianna

0 Kudos
nwauntie1

Jump to solution

Any updates with Apple+ sign in? I got a new Roku smart tv and it will not let me sign in,  it take my ID but not my password (changed passwordtwice, confirmed with Apple emails). I have a free 3 month offer that came withvthe new tv, did this thru their web page which confirmed 3 free months and when I will start being charged. I have been on the phone with Apple for over an hour and they said its an issue on Roku side (since I can sign in on the web). I have tried Uninstalling, resetting and reinstalling... nothing works. It worked fine on my old TV (and previous Roku external device). Any recommendations would be appreciated. May need to return this new Roku TV. Now need to check my other streaming services.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The only way that I could get Apple Music to load on my Roku TV was to enable 2FA on my Apple ID. I was putting in the correct password but Apple Music was giving me an authentication error.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @nwauntie1,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

Thanks, 

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos