Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c3agan

Can I change the country settings on my account?

I created my Roku account while living in the UK several years ago (2016). When I installed a new roku tv in Canada (2023) it asked me my location when verifying on the phone whether i was in England, Wales ....  so roku assumed i was still in the UK.

I then went into my UK created roku account and deleted the account. I did a factory reset on my new tv and reinstalled and created a new roku account using the same old email address. Crave is not showing up in the Streaming channels. I think it might think I am in the US.

Does anyone know how I can check the country my roku account is setup in? If setup in the US how I can change it to Canada?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can I change the country settings on my account?

Hi @c3agan,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to access this specific channel. Please be advised that we don't have any setup options in regards to changing the account location.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com. If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve it.

Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

We also suggest reaching out to the channel support team to inquire further about the availability of the channel in your area.

We hope this helps!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos