Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajrose

Cable subscription not being accepted

Apps stop excepting my password a few days ago when I log in with directv credentials apps come back with error saying I don’t have access but I do on any other device. Already deleted and reinstalled channels no luck hard reset and sat on the phone with directv customer service for hours this issue has been posted a dozen times and no real resolution posted. How can I fix my cable to app connection on roku tv?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cable subscription not being accepted

@Ajrose 

You mentioned removing and reinstalling apps. There is a proper way to do that:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Do no skip step 2. Do not do steps out of order.

This may not resolve the issue, but it is a troubleshooting step that should be done.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mar-G

I am having the same issue with the spectrum tv app. I’ve done everything even a hard reboot with roku as a factory reset and get an Reference code RL-9000 I’ve spoken with spectrum and they reported no issues. Now idk what to do there’s no form or way to contact roku which is frustrating 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Mar-G, Roku wouldn't be able to help you even if you could contact them.  That error message is coming from Spectrum and only they know what it means.  I don't have any other ideas for you, but if you search for that error code it occurs on all kinds of streaming devices and appears to be a Spectrum account issue.  From what I've read all I can say is good luck with Spectrum.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos