Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam1307

CTV app (Canada) Some live stream channels missing

2 days ago I could live stream all the CTV channels (ie Drama/Life/SciFi) Now I only see 4 or 5 channels I am missing Life, SciFi & Discovery and 1 or 2 more I can't remember which I have removed the channel restarted Roku & re installed the channel Same thing NOTE It works fine on my laptop accessing CTV website & their app on my pad What gives??

6 REPLIES 6

Re: CTV app (Canada) Some live stream channels missing

i'm having the same issue and would appreciate an answer.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Paulinmuskoka @Sam1307 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for reaching us here. In this case, we highly suggest reaching out to their Customer Support for further clarification and assistance. You can also contact their direct line at (800) 461-1542.

Feel free to let us know if you have further queries or create a new thread for different concerns. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jetprop8
Streaming Star

Oct 18, 2023  There are many consistent complaints about the CTV app in Canada, their response does is, you get an email that you have to prove you have an issue with their app. I've been complaining for years on the CTV app and it still has the same issues.  1) I pick a retro show series and there is no menu to pick a series or episode. 2) Before the episode begins I get 4 commercial ads and after that -the spinning wheel and no show begins. 3) I have to keep logging in to the app because it doesn't remember my acct name. 4) I then have to use a verification code on my TV screen, run to my iMac, login and provide the verification code to their CTV.ca/activate page. Then run upstairs to my Tv to begin watching. It's absurd. I already pay for these channels with my TV provider Cogeco and at times the CTV app does not accept my credentials to try to sign in. 5) The app plays ads constantly even before I can watch a show. 6) Yes i have tried removing the app and reinstalling, still doesn't correct these issues. I don't have these problems with free apps like Plex, or Pluto, or Netflix which I pay for - they work far better than these national TV network apps in Canada.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jetprop8,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!
We're glad to assist you with your problem with your CTV app. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us with more details.

• Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a content?
  • Have you tried updating the app?
  • Have you tried updating your software?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jetprop8
Streaming Star

CTV App

Your questions:

1) Even before I watch content, I get that I have to activate their app using a code, then have to go to my desktop to enter the code, the the app works. This happens frequently and it should not.

2) Yes, I update the app from my menu on my remote, several times before I even use the app which does nothing.

3) This app and the Global TV app are the only ones I have problems with, both major Canadian networks own these two apps. I don't have any problems with my other apps: Netflix, Roku Channel, Pluto, Plex, TED, CBS, or others.

I get error messages and am presented with a code on my TV screen, when I access the app on the Roku Menu. Then I have to go to my desktop to sign in to "Activate" my TV. I go back to my TV which tells me I am able to use the app. I then go to a show on their menu, where my fav. shows are in my Library. I click the episode, then the fun happens.

I get the spinning wheel, then 4 commercials, then the spinning wheel again, then more ads in a loop. It takes about 5 minutes to actually view the show. Then there is no episode feature on the screen for my show. I will give you an example, I watch "Mad About You" a series which has about 8 years worth of episodes. I can not chose which year I wish to view. More ads during the episodes, more ads in between episodes. It's pathetic.

I have found a solution fortunately. PLUTO has now obtained the rights for Mad About You series and now I simply click on Pluto and I am watching the show. No sign ins, no codes, no commercial loops, just great programming and enjoyment. I give Pluto 5 stars, I give CTV App  0. Zero.  I was hoping you would tell these big telecoms in Canada that their apps suck and they need to devote their massive revenues to perfect their apps. Thanks for listening. No response is required.

0 Kudos
DWH1
Channel Surfer

It’s been a couple weeks since the live channel of the main network disappeared from the Roku app. Drama, Much, E!, Animal Planet, Comedy, Investigation, Velocity, Discovery, SciFi, MTV, Ridiculousness, Life are all still available. 

0 Kudos