Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phrend
Level 7

CNNGo app crashes when I navigate to its settings tab

The CNNGo app says that I can't access the live feed because my (cable) account doesn't allow it... this has happened before, and usually just meant that I had to sign out and then back in again on the Settings tab... but, now when I browse to the Settings tab, the app just crashes and I'm sent back to the Roku home screen. I have tried removing and re-adding the app (rebooting between), but the same thing is happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting around this bug/issue?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CNNGo app crashes when I navigate to its settings tab

@phrend-

It sounds like CNN has a problem with the Roku version of their channel app.  It's their app, Roku just provides the platform on which it is run.,

I have not identified a way to contact them.

You can at least highlight the channel in your Roku home page channel grid, press the * key on your Roku remote, and select the Give us feedback option

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
phrend
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion @makaiguy - I'll try the feedback option.

I understand that it's CNN's app, and that Roku is just the platform, but this is a Roku community support forum, so figured asking for help here was worth a shot.

After removing the app from my Roku and re-installing it, it's still showing me as being logged in - which makes me think that the removal leaves something behind... Is there any way to wipe all traces of the CNNGo app from my Roku other than performing a factory reset?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Can you find a way from within the app to log/sign out before removing it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
phrend
Level 7

Unfortunately no - that option is on the Settings tab that I can't get to due to the crash. 😞

0 Kudos
willid01
Level 7

I am also experiencing this exact issue…have been for several weeks…advised that I don’t have access to live channels via pop up message…need to verify thru tv provider with activation code….try to log off in settings and the site crashes back to Roku Home Page. I have access via cable tv and smart phone…doesn’t make sense…looking for help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@phrend @willid01

Thanks for the posts.

As @makaiguy mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
phrend
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R I mentioned earlier that even after deleting the app from my Roku and adding it back again, it's still showing that I'm logged in, which leads me to believe that there are some files/settings that are not being deleted when I delete the app...? Is there a way to totally delete everything related to the app without factory reseting my Roku?

0 Kudos
dale952
Level 7

Put it in guest mode go to cnn and it will give you a code.  You'll be watching in no time, but as a guest.  You'll have to turn off guest mode to get back to your settings.  That's the only way I've found that works for me.

0 Kudos