Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracy916
Reel Rookie

CNN app not loading, going back to home screen

Jump to solution

I have see this issue posted several times . I have unplugged the Roku. I have taken the app off the Roku, restarted through settings and added the app back on. No matter what I do, it spins and goes back to Home Screen. Is there something going on with the app currently? None of the responses are working . I have a 3820X

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AZFITDOC

Re: CNN app not loading, going back to home screen

Jump to solution

You keep saying contact the Channel (i.e. CNN) but how do you do that? This has been asked before and you don't answer. This seems like a common problem that no one at your company seems willing or able to look into and its infuriating.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Tracy916,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reporting to us with the CNN issue. We can help get this sorted.

As you've gone through troubleshooting steps to fix the CNN issue, confirm that your Roku device is up to date and that all other channels are working normally. We’ll need to get you in touch with the channel publisher directly for further assistance here. Please contact them directly to follow up and let them know what troubleshooting steps you've already attempted. If a specific channel is not properly working, it's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IslandGirl4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I miss CNN, I tried to get it, but it was asking for "my subscriber". I am on Roku, CNN is right there on the home screen, but no matter what you do you cannot get it to work. When it asked for the subscriber I chose Spectrum, as that is what our WiFi runs on., But still, even with the "activation successful" screen, NO CNN. 

RokuArjiemar - are you saying complain to CNN??  How does one do that?  Please tell us how to get in touch with the "channel publisher".

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @IslandGirl4,

Greetings from the Roku community!

In some cases, removing the channel and reinstalling it may help. That said, may we know if you have already tried the steps below? If not, we highly recommend you do so. To ensure the process is successful, kindly perform the following with precision:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

We also suggest checking for an app update by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting update.
After performing the abovementioned steps, the issue persists. We'd recommend contacting the channel's support directly to inquire further.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AZFITDOC

Jump to solution

You keep saying contact the Channel (i.e. CNN) but how do you do that? This has been asked before and you don't answer. This seems like a common problem that no one at your company seems willing or able to look into and its infuriating.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AZFITDOC,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'll be more than happy to assist you with your CNN issue. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuJanadeeK provided above?

Please keep us posted if the problem still persists.

Warm regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tracy916
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

CNN instructs to unplug the router … wait for it to return. Unplug the ROKU. Go to settings  and reset.  I did all of this . It did allow CNN to load, however, when you press on live channel, it states”This video is unavailable right now Please try again later”. No matter when you try it, it doesn’t come on. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tracy916,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue further, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the CNN channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

This information is essential for us to work on the issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos