Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvennard
Level 7

CNBC "Commercial Break" Issue

Jump to solution

I watch CNBC everyday in my office for background noise. Lately I am experiencing very long  commercial breaks. It starts with numerous actual commercials but typically ends with 2 - 3 minutes of Dead space. It will display the "You're watching" with the CNBC logo and at the bottom it will alternate between "Commercial Break" and "We'll Be Right Back" Title. Their is an ad counter and timer in the top left of the screen that has "Ad 8 of 8 - Time remaining: 3:59" or "Ad 10 of 10 - Time remining: 1:58". When it returns to programing, it is usually in the middle of a segment.  Any insight? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: CNBC "Commercial Break" Issue

Jump to solution

@jvennard 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: CNBC "Commercial Break" Issue

Jump to solution

@jvennard 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos