Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterm1234

CNBC Activation Page Disappears in 1-2 seconds before allowing time to activate

Jump to solution

I have used the CNBC Roku app successfully for many years.  Several days ago the app required that I complete the periodic reactivation with my provider (Xfinity).  The activation page with the activation code appears for only 1-2 seconds before disappearing.  In the past the activation page has remained visible until I completed the activation with my provider.  This issue is preventing activation and as a result I cannot watch CNBC Live TV.  I have completed all of the typical troubleshooting steps including unintalling/re-installing the CNBC app and unpowering / repowering Roku with no success.  This appears to be a problem with the App, so was curious if anyone else  experiencing same problem.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CNBC Activation Page Disappears in 1-2 seconds before allowing time to activate

Jump to solution

Hi @RichardA,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. That's not what we aim for. Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest contacting CNBC TV's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve what you are having with accessing the channel.

You can contact them here: CNBC Support.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CNBC Activation Page Disappears in 1-2 seconds before allowing time to activate

Jump to solution

Hi @peterm1234,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hut334

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  If I go to "live tv" and have selected CNBC, a new code pops up every second.  I can watch the recorded segments, but no live cnbc tv.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Hut334,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We would suggest first to contact the channel team about this and see what they can suggest about it. Feel free to drop some updates here on how it goes.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RichardA

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem - and it is infuriating.    How do I fix???????

0 Kudos
RichardA

Jump to solution

the Channel Team????     Why don't you include who, how and where you contact "The Channel Team."

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RichardA,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. That's not what we aim for. Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest contacting CNBC TV's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve what you are having with accessing the channel.

You can contact them here: CNBC Support.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos