Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afmarsh
Streaming Star

CBS live with Verizon Fios

Football season is here and the CBS app on my Roku stick gives the useless error when trying to watch live: We're sorry, an error occurred. Same thing last season. CBS app is Version 8.5 - Build 20230711.

Anyone have the same issue?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CBS live with Verizon Fios

Hi @afmarsh,

Thanks for the post.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we would like to know more to see how we can assist. Are you receiving any error codes other than the prompt error message? Additionally, when did you first notice this issue occur? Lastly, is this issue limited to the CBS channel on Roku, or are other channels affected?

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
afmarsh
Streaming Star

No other errors, it is only when trying to view anything live on the CBS app.

This happened last year during football season and honestly, I don't think I've tried it since then until now.
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @afmarsh,

Thank you for informing us!

We understand you're having a problem with the CBS channel since unexpected error messages pop up on your TV screen. We're happy to assist you. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for updates.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will continue to assist you.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
afmarsh
Streaming Star

Just getting back to this.

Done all that, still just get 'We're sorry, an error occurred' when trying to watch anything live. My TV provider credentials are linked.

App version 8.6, Build 20230907

I went through a similar issue with you all with NBC Sports a while back. They had to fix their app, had nothing to do with my Roku hardware. Suspect the same may be true here as well.

0 Kudos
afmarsh
Streaming Star

and I just tried to stream something, and I got the same error, so it appears that that app does not work at all for me.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @afmarsh,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that after attempting the troubleshooting steps, videos from other channels play fine. In that case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
afmarsh
Streaming Star

You and I both know that going to CBS will do nothing for me.

I'll just go back to he Fire Stick I bought back in the Spring when NBC Sports live broadcasts didn't work on Roku for the first two months of baseball season. CHS works fine there.

Roku has a better interface but Fire Stick has no errors.

0 Kudos