Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobkgirl

CBS WILL NOT LOAD ANY PROGRAMS AND SENDS LOADING ERRORS

CBS will not load. I keep receiving an "Error loading" message. I  have unplugged, removed and reloaded, nothing is working.  This began a couple of days ago. I'm not having this problem with any other channels. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CBS WILL NOT LOAD ANY PROGRAMS AND SENDS LOADING ERRORS

@Hobkgirl-

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System'. Without the restart to clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lorrbee

I’m having the same issue. I have removed the CBS app, restarted my Roku, then added CBS back. I’ve done this several times. The problem still persists. Is anyone from Roku hearing us? Many people are having this problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Lorrbee

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Since you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions provided by @makaiguy above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Fruel

Will no resolve my problem 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Fruel

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos