Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmullins55

CBS App Does Not Work Using my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I often use NBC and ABC apps to catch up on recent programing that I missed.  I am never able to do that using the CBS app.  Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CBS App Does Not Work Using my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MGBon!

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issues you've been experiencing with the CBS channel on your Roku streaming stick. We suggest some troubleshooting methods to help you get back on streaming.

Before we proceed, can you please inform us if any error messages are prompted on your screen? If so, kindly let us know. Also, try to perform the troubleshooting steps provided below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and choose Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We also need to make sure that the steps have been done precisely to work. For reference, check out our Support link on How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Furthermore, if the issue persists, we suggest reaching out to the channel providers themselves, which, in this case, is CBS channel Support, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel may need an update from them. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you getting an error message of some sort?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tmullins55-

The Roku CBS channel app, like those for the other networks, must be authenticated against a  paid "TV Provider" account, like a cable or satellite subscription, that carries your local CBS channel.

In the CBS app home screen, move left to the left side menu, then down to Sign In With TV Provider and follow the prompts.

If already signed in, you will have Sign Out instead of Sign In With TV Provider.    You may need to reset this, so click on Sign Out.   After signing out, sign back in again.

If that doesn't do it for you, try re-installing the channel app.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option.

This will remove the channel from this Roku account, and thus remove it from all Rokus attached to this account.

3. IMPORTANT- IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP YOU MAY NOT GET A CLEAN RE-INSTALL:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if you have no Power option, under Settings > System. Repeat on any additional Rokus linked to this Roku account.

[Note: For Roku TVs (i.e. ones with Roku capability built in) with "Fast Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on just puts it in/out of a standby state and does not give you a full restart. Use the menu options listed above.]

4. Reinstall the channel to your Roku account via the Roku Home page Streaming Channels menu option. This will install the channel on all Rokus linked to this Roku account.

Notes:

• The channel will be added to the END of each Roku's channel grid.
  • The Roku on which you performed the reinstall should get the installation immediately.  On other Rokus linked to this Roku account you may need to force an update to get immediate installation via Settings > System > System update.  Otherwise, it should be installed when each Roku does its daily check for updates.
  • If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Igotit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

solution worked  

0 Kudos
hick8574

Jump to solution

When I get on the cbs website and put in the code. It says I'm all ready. But my roku tv says that my provider doesn't support it.

0 Kudos
Igotit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had to delete the app, restart system then reinstall. FiOS is my provider. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
MGBon

Jump to solution

CBS is the only App that I cannot access using Roku streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MGBon!

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issues you've been experiencing with the CBS channel on your Roku streaming stick. We suggest some troubleshooting methods to help you get back on streaming.

Before we proceed, can you please inform us if any error messages are prompted on your screen? If so, kindly let us know. Also, try to perform the troubleshooting steps provided below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and choose Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We also need to make sure that the steps have been done precisely to work. For reference, check out our Support link on How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Furthermore, if the issue persists, we suggest reaching out to the channel providers themselves, which, in this case, is CBS channel Support, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel may need an update from them. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Helfstrom

Jump to solution

Carly,

I've followed your steps several times and the error persists every time I reinstall the app. I'll reach out to CBS Support.

Thanks,

Heidi

0 Kudos
Popebanker

Jump to solution

Yeah mine does the same problem I literally have to delete it and reinstall in every time I wanna use the dang app 

0 Kudos