Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ps222
Level 7

Buffering problem on all channels just started 2weeks ago

My tv had no problems til 2 weeks ago now channels either doesn't play or buffers every few minutes. I have excellent wifi connection. I've unplugged and plugged started Roku over and over. I wish I can talk to someone or I'm going to have to cancel all my subscriptions

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Buffering problem on all channels just started 2weeks ago

Have you unplugged and restarted your gateway/modem/router?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
getarpicker
Level 7

I have same issue but only on Showtime channel on all 3 roku devices.  I've reset the router.  I've had the ISP confirm the signal is ok coming into the router.  The issue only seems to be with the Showtime channel for us. The show will play fine for first 30 minutes then will start buffering.  What are our options here other than cancelling the subscription?  How can we contact Roku service to get an answer?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @getarpicker,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be noted that If you occasionally see poor video quality or rebuffering, it may be due to temporary network congestion.

You may also try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

To see more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

For more information on how to manage and cancel the subscription, you may refer to this link: How to unsubscribe or cancel a subscription | Official Roku Support 

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus 

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Same thing here… everything works fine elsewhere but that dangs Showtime app… at FIRST it was just one show doing it now it does it about 5 minutes in… today I actually sat and let it buffer and it went for 15 minutes before playing the audio ONLY with the arrow still going on a circle on my screen. It let me watch the ENTIRE Dexter: New Blood show with NO issues… no other show works now. Smh and it is VERY frustrating that Roku at some point recently decided only to service customers with the newest devices: I really don’t like supporting companies who only value a certain customer group. That’s kinda… whack. 🤷🏾‍♀️

0 Kudos