Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoot53
Reel Rookie

Buffering on certain channels but our fire stick works just fine

For the last 2 weeks on certain channels we have issues with Roku constantly blacking out every 5 - 10 min then get a screen saying we have buffering issues check our WiFi. There is nothing wrong with our WiFi we have a fire stick on another tv and all channels works just fine.  Anyone else with this problem? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Buffering on certain channels but our fire stick works just fine

@Stoot53 

You didn't say which Roku device you have. Settings > System > About

If it's the model 3930 Roku Express, be aware that it is the last Roku device to be 2.4 GHz only. All other current devices are dual band. Many ISPs have been jacking around with the wireless settings, changing 2.4 GHz from b/g/n to g/n which can cause connectivity issues with Roku devices.

Likely, your other devices are connecting on the 5 GHz band, which would explain why they're working.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Stoot53
Reel Rookie

It is the Roku 4K+.  We purchased it about 4 months ago and it was working fine up until a couple weeks ago.  The only other issue we had was purchasing a channel that wouldn’t load and the same channel was purchased on the fire stick and loads and plays fine. I am beginning to think I made a mistake purchasing Roku. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

tagging @RokuDanny-R 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos