Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDR1

Britbox logs me out when I pause a show

I have the same issue - logs me out when streaming is paused. I checked for updates and I do have the most current version. This ONLY happens with BritBox.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Britbox logs me out when I pause a show

Hi @PDR1,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with the Britbox channel. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

We would recommend performing the steps to see if there's a difference after:

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@PDR1-

I don't happen to subscribe to Britbox but answers to these questions may help those more familiar with it to provide some assistance.

Does this happen with a quick momentary pause, or only just when paused for an extended period of time?

And when you say it logs you out, does this:

• first bring up a screen saver, then log you out later?
  • just exit from the particular show but keep you in Britbox?
  • log your completely out of Britbox so that you have to log back into your account when you return?
  • take you back to the Roku home screen?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
LisaSWolves
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. 

I pause a show, only in BritBox. It'll go to the Screensaver then no matter if I hit the back button or play, it'll go back to the home screen and in the upper right corner it'll say Sign in. 

I checked for updates with the * it is up to date. It mentions removing the channel in this and other feeds, but that isn't an option when paying for BritBox through Roku. Other channels not through Roku has the Remove Channel option. Apps I have through Roku installs automatically and I cannot remove them. Assuming if I canceled, it would remove it, but I don't want to cancel the subscription.

I've unplugged and restarted my Roku device numerous times but still the same issue occurs. The device is also up to date. 

It's frustrating to have to log in so much when pausing. I watch it throughout the day, but may need to pause it. I shouldn't have to exit the app to pause it. Other apps stay there or bring to the home screen but doesn't log out. Hope this gets figured out. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LisaSWolves,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out here for help today.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we totally understand what you're experiencing. For us to have a further grasp on the issue, are you experiencing this particularly with Britbox, or by any chance have you noticed this issue with other channels? In addition, when did you first notice this issue started to occur?

Your response would be much appreciated so we can work further on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LisaSWolves
Reel Rookie

As I had also mentioned in my initial message, thankfully, it is only BritBox. There are other apps that goes to their home screen but it stays logged in. No other app logs me out. I have many of these streaming apps, so I can say with confidence it's only BritBox.

As far as when it started. I'm not sure as I've just started watching BritBox during the day while working, in between calls. I usually have Pandora or the Roku app going for background noise. I had finished watching a couple of the series so I have them going for background sound while I'm working on various tasks. However, when I get a call I pause it as I need to concentrate on what's going on during the call. If the call is taking longer, I'll hit the back button and it logs me out of the BritBox app. If the call took several minutes, I'll hit play on my remote and it'll log me out of BritBox.

Roku channel I cannot pause so I turn the volume down. I pause Pandora and can play whenever. If the call gets too long I'll back out, but it'll be fine it doesn't log me out.

Hope this helps.

Thank you much, 

Lisa 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LisaSWolves,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We really do appreciate the detailed information regarding this issue.

In this case, if the issue is isolated to that channel only, This is an indicator that the issue relies on that specific channel, and the channel provider must release an update in order to resolve it. Most of the channels on the Roku platform are handled and managed by the channel providers themselves.

Just get back to us and let the Community know how it goes.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos