Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apprehensive
Reel Rookie

BritBox on Roku has Commercials now?

Feb 8th 2024 - I'm enjoying Britbox that I subscribed to through Roku. Last night I'm engaged in "Line of Duty" when for the 1st time my viewing is interrupted with commercials!!!! I was furious!!! I see if you subscribe to BritBox direct and use the BritBox BBC app there are NO Commercials. I will cancel my subscription at the end of the 1 year term in August and renew directly with BritBox. 

Any ideas on how to stop these commercials, and/or why they are appearing with no warning or option to opt out of subscription? What gives ROKU?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Apprehensive
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox on Roku has Commercials now?

OK, so this is embarrassing. Time for a little humility. I selected to watch my show via the Roku logo vs the Britbox logo. If you do it that way, you get commercials. I got turned around, as the show had completely disappeared from "continue watching" or any other heading. I had to "search", then have to be careful which way you select to watch. -- Confusing to say the least...

Alrighty then, hope this is helpful to anyone that this may have happened to LOL

Cheers - 'till next time