Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDL62

BritBox ending April 30th

Jump to solution

My Brit Box subscription renewed on April 23 & I got an email saying it will renew on April 23, 2025. When I try to log in, I keep getting prompted to start a trial for Acorn TV. What's going on with this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BritBox ending April 30th

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community, @lizwilsongreer @nomadsr!

We understand that there are concerns about the removal of the Britbox UK channel, and we're here to provide clarification and assistance.

We want to assure you that the discontinuation of Britbox UK will not impact Britbox US subscribers. Britbox US and Britbox UK are distinct applications with separate content collections tailored for their respective countries. Therefore, the removal of Britbox UK will not affect the services provided by Britbox US.

For further information or inquiries regarding this matter, we encourage you to reach out directly to the channel provider, Britbox Support.

Thank you for your understanding, and please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nomadsr

BritBox ending April 30th

Jump to solution

@Roku @ saw BritBox is ending in the USA after April 30th.  Why was I just charged for a full month when it's only up for 3 more days?   Please Refund asap

Jump to solution

agreed!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community, @lizwilsongreer @nomadsr!

We understand that there are concerns about the removal of the Britbox UK channel, and we're here to provide clarification and assistance.

We want to assure you that the discontinuation of Britbox UK will not impact Britbox US subscribers. Britbox US and Britbox UK are distinct applications with separate content collections tailored for their respective countries. Therefore, the removal of Britbox UK will not affect the services provided by Britbox US.

For further information or inquiries regarding this matter, we encourage you to reach out directly to the channel provider, Britbox Support.

Thank you for your understanding, and please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Britbox "shutdown" is only in the UK, where it is being merged with ITVX. There is no change here in the US.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/britbox-itvx-absorbed-subscriber-transfer-date-newsupdate/ 

Jump to solution

If this is only in the UK, why is the app telling me that it is no longer available in my country? I am in the US.

0 Kudos