Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlh85

Brit Box, Father Brown keeps stopping

Have watched several seasons of Father Brown but suddenly during season 7, episodes 8 & 9, the episode stops and I must go back in and begin again. This has not happened just once but about 7 times during episode 8 so that I forwarded to the end but now episode 9 is doing the same thing.

7 REPLIES 7
DebbieW

Re: Brit Box, Father Brown keeps stopping

I am having the same problem with Doc Martin 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jlh85@DebbieW

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
axg9999
Channel Surfer

(I don't think dropping and readding the channel does anything more than checking to see if you have the latest version of the App. BritBox provides a direct check to see if updates are available)

I have an intermittent video dropout problem with BritBox (all programs). It is infrequent so not a great problem. Had the same problem with SLING. Curious thing is that it happens only with my ROKU Ultra 4800 setup. No problems in another viewing room where I have an older ROKU 4600.

My solution for the 4800 was to migrate to BritBox under Amazon Prime. No BB app here which means you lose a better interface to look at BB offerings. On the other hand if you watch a lot of Prime or have other subscriptions under it, you can go quickly to your last watched channel. I cancelled SLING altogether because it was too expensive for what I watch.

Don't bother with ROKU support on this. According to support they are only hosting other people's Apps so they are not responsible for App problems. I guess it is a tradeoff between device cost and providing creditable customer support. That is not legitimate, in my opinion, because if they bill a subscription, they are collecting a fee for that (probably the same answer even if they don't bill) so they are responsible partly for App problems, at least they ought to work with the provider to see if something can be done.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@axg9999 @jlh85 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:

• does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • what specific episode/title are you experiencing this issue with
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
axg9999
Channel Surfer

@danny

I have sent all the info to BritBox, they said their tech people will look over it. I went over all of this on chat with your folks and I’m not going to waste my time further. Your rep even told me that they can’t help with provider content issues if the standard “ fixes” don’t work. Check with provider, which is what I did.

Comments about your prescription.

I gave the rep the build of your OS. The rep also asked me to restart my Roku which means if I did not check for updates previously ( which I did). I also checked if the BB app was up to date. You DO not have to ask me about the build, you should know what it is on the Ultra. You should know what the latest APP version of BB is. You do not ask the customer what you should know

Another indication that you are not from tech is asking me what will “ reproduce the issue”. After I’ve said it is intermittent ( sometimes  1 per hour) and unpredictable.

if your programmers have written an error trap I suggest they produce a screen message when that happens.

As for this home button back button circus I don’t know how to work that and won’t waste my time. The message is “ SOMETHING went wrong check your Internet connection “ . That suggests “  we don’t know”

Also I can rewind over the part that produced the message

your response is simply dilatory. No one with a technical background has considered the facts yet. I am sure of it from your response

0 Kudos
axg9999
Channel Surfer

@@Danny

Also Mr Danny did not read my post carefully or he would have noted I said it happens on all programs on BBox and Sling

0 Kudos
axg9999
Channel Surfer

@danny

I am sorry to keep posting here but I just realized that the above person's post clearly exhibits the clueless nature of Roku support:

He is asking me 

• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

So I state that I am experiencing video dropouts and this guy is asking me how he could reproduce it. REALLY?

Well let's see now, I think I was eating a Snickers bar and ....

I know that Roku chat support will cut and paste a long grand message of greeting, promising to be your slave till they've helped you with your problem etc. They must because the next question is your email and phone (which you have already entered before you started chat). I also enter a short version of my issue, which they don't read obviously so I stopped doing that.

At DELL, I do that, and the first message I get from the rep when they answer my chat is "Just a minute while I read your issue statement..."

I've said it before I think ROKU has a great product but they obviously think it will run perfectly all the time everywhere so that they do not have to hire and train people to support their product with some level of intelligence.

0 Kudos