Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Constant blue circle running in upper left corner

Is this on one particular channel/app?  I seem to recall something like this from people that use the Spectrum channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @lfisher3

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In addition to @renojim's question, can you please reply here with a photo of the blue circle you are reporting? We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BGin

We have been getting the blue spinning ring also in our left upper corner. Reset the internet and unplugged the Roku and it's gone Intel we turn the Roku back on and there's the blue circle spinning again. Unplugged the Roku again and the circle is gone. I wish I knew how to help you fix it. But we have spectrum and we can't uninstall the app because Roku no longer supports the spectrum app. So idk what else we can try or help others. Hope someone can help us out. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @BGin

Thanks for the post. 

For clarification, does the blue circle only occur within the Spectrum channel? As previously mentioned above, could you provide us with a photo of the issue occurring? Please be advised as well that Roku still supports Spectrum TV, therefore, you can try to remove and then re-install the app.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BGin

I have only seen it when I'm on the spectrum app. If it happens again I will take a picture of it. I didn't think to take a picture. I was sent a message last year telling me to not remove the spectrum app because you no longer supported there app. So I've you still support there app and there in the app store again I can try that. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@BGin, the Spectrum channel/app not being supported was a long, long time ago.  You can remove it and add it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Driessassy
Reel Rookie

Please take the time to read all the posts related to the spectrum blue circles.   Mine are in the upper left corner and the middle.   If I restart the device they are gone for a couple of hours but come back.  Spectrum app is up to date.  I have deleted the app restarted the device and added the app again.  Within a few hours the blue circles are back.  It does not happen on other streaming apps.  My other TV which doesn't use Roku I can stream spectrum with no blue circles.   My internet signal is excellent.   The problem is clearly with Roku.   Instead of just clearing your inbox queue.  Please had this off to the developers for resolution.   Keep us posted.  Thanks 

lfisher3
Reel Rookie

Yes, it is doing it on the Spectrum app.  We have several Roku's, but it is only doing it on 1 of them currently.  I will get a picture of it and send it in later today.  I can restart Roku thru settings which will remove it for a while.  Also, I do not always have the 2 blue circles, sometimes just the one in the upper lefthand corner.

Is it true that I can uninstall the Spectrum app and re-install it?  

cindyf1

I am also having this issue.  It is only with the Specturm app.  I have 2 tvs with the same Roku stick, but only one has the blue circle in the upper left corner running constantly.  Amy ideas???

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @cindyf1 @lfisher3

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos