Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TommyVee
Reel Rookie

Blue clockwise circle moving in the middle of my screen...what does it mean?

Why do I have a blue moving circle (clockwise) in the middle of my screen?  The channel comes in clear, except for this continuous moving circle.  

36 REPLIES 36
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Blue clockwise circle moving in the middle of my screen...what does it mean?

@TommyVee

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Does this happen on a specific channel? Does this happen on all of your inputs on your TV? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TommyVee
Reel Rookie

Re: Blue clockwise circle moving in the middle of my screen...what does it mean?

Thank you for replying!!!!!  This only seems to happen with the Spectrum TV app.  also the backbutton to get the channels sometime gets "stuck".  I'm using the Roku express 4k+.

0 Kudos
RickL72

I have the same clockwise circle on my screen - also use the Spectrum TV app; I can disconnect the Roku (unplug both power and connection) and wait a couple of minutes - plug in and it works ok......for while - then the circle returns. the blue power light also does not turn off when the TV is off

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@RickL72 If you have this option can you update the Spectrum TV app?  Some apps have this option others do not.  If you do not have an update option I would uninstall the Spectrum TV app, restart the Roku device, and then install the spectrum TV app.  Also go into settings and select system update for the Roku.  May not solve the problem but worth a try.

Jlafox4

I have the same trouble. I have two blue clockwise circles, one in the middle and one in the upper left corner, on one of my TV's. The other TV only has one blue clockwise circle in the far upper left corner.

I have unplugged as one suggested as well and the circles went away for a short period of time.

You can check the Spectrum APP to see if the software version is current. Just highlight the app and hit the settings button on the remote. I have verified software update and for the moment again the circles are gone.

If they return, I will try to uninstall the app as suggested.

Do you think we need to contact Spectrum?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jlafox4 wrote:

Do you think we need to contact Spectrum?

Yes.  Anytime a problem is confined to one channel/app it's the developer of the channel/app that you need to contact which is almost never Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Driessassy
Reel Rookie

I have done everything you described above.   Sty no luck.    It only impacts the Spectrum app and all channels.   Please advise further

lfisher3
Reel Rookie

Constant blue circle running in upper left corner

Has anybody had a constant blue circle displaying in the upper lefthand corner? At one point had the blue circle in the center of the TV and in the lefthand corner.

I have checked my wireless connection and have "restarted" my Roku device.  The TV also is experiencing a more than normal amount of "buffering" issues.  

Could this Roku unit be going out?  Would appreciate any information or suggestions.

srthor

Has anyone gotten this to work yet?  Unplugging and plugging everything back in only works once then the blue circle appears again.

Do we have to uninstall Spectrum then re-install?  

Any help would be appreciated.