Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithwalnut
Reel Rookie

Re: Bally Sports app not working: low volume / audio problems

Jump to solution

Bally Sports audio is about 15 seconds behind the visual. I was having the volume issue, but now it is exclusively the 15 second lag.  Eventually, the app crashes and says, "Something Went Wrong".  Tonight, however, it gave me the "excessive av skew" message.  This only happens on my TCL Roku TV in my basement.  I have an EERO mesh system, so my signal is strong there.  This does not happen on my main floor TV, which has a Roku Ultra hooked up.  This doesn't happen with other live sports apps.  I didn't have this problem until Fox Sports switched over to Bally's.  Thinking of buying a new TV and turning this one into a computer monitor.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bally Sports app not working: low volume / audio problems

Jump to solution

@keithwalnut

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

For wireless troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos