Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JbPGH
Channel Surfer

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Nope! - still getting the same error code.

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

Hi jbGBH,

Didn't work for me until I did the un-install, re-start and re-install.

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

Friday I followed the advice one more time, deleted app reset the Roku twice just for reassurance then reinstalled iPlayer now it works perfect first time in weeks. I can only assume BBC must have approved something their end as my model is still not listed on their web site as being compatible but other Roku model versions are, so they must be doing something? Anyway something has changed because my iPlayer now functions. Can we expect this inconvenience every time the bbc releases an update? 

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

Hi richiesday,

All we can do is keep reporting these issues to BBC when they occur.

0 Kudos
Dubya
Reel Rookie

Removing app, performing a system restart, re-installing app, finally worked for me.  Tried numerous time previously.

0 Kudos
Huskeater
Reel Rookie

After checking the BBC iPlayer help I found a reply to this issue.

They say

'we are aware of some reports of streaming issues on some Roku devices.

We have spoken to Roku and are hopeful that recent issues should be resolved by an update from Roku.

If you are experiencing further issues,please contact us with the model whether you are using an importer device' 

That's dated today (4th July 2022)

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

Hi huskeater,

Mine has been OK since Sunday after deleting app, re-starting Roku and re-installing.

0 Kudos
Huskeater
Reel Rookie

I tried the 3 steps before checking the bbc help because that didnt work for me

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

Hi Huskeater, 

I don't have another solution but another user had to do the 3 steps a couple of times before it worked.

0 Kudos
JbPGH
Channel Surfer

I think your problem might be because you have a 3920X. That sounds like a US market Roku not a European one.  The iPlayer team probably add and block compatible units some time after they are released and they may have just added a block for the 3920X.  I noticed in a post from Huskeater which quoted a reply from iPlayer   "If you are experiencing further issues,please contact us with the model whether you are using an importer device"  I think that probably said "imported" not "importer".  

There is a 3920EU which you can buy from Amazon.co.uk and other electronics distributers in the UK (Argos, Currys) for £20+ shipping - which is an iPlayer "approved" device.

0 Kudos