Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluds

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

Same issue on my Roku Streambar, must be a software issue of some kind.

BBC Iplayer was working fine for me last night.

0 Kudos
McGeddon
Channel Surfer

2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

I have tried the old solutions for BBC iPlayer not loading and they do not work.

Symptoms: Message displayed on selecting iPlayer - "Sorry, this applicationis not currently available on your device. Please exit/quit and try again later."

This only started tonight, 19:00 BST  in UK.  All other applications work except BBC Sounds, which shows the same message.

I can access iPlayer on my other devices (tablet, laptop). My ROKU device is a new streaming stick 4k.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

Rab

0 Kudos
Clare
Channel Surfer

Roku streambar, iPlayer not available on your device

Jump to solution

I have a streambar ( 9102EU ) running software version 11.0.0 build 4193-95

BBC iPlayer no longer work and all we get is the message this application is not available on your device. Have checked for updates, removed and reinstalled the channel, restarted the streambar, nothing worked. I just wanted to report that this error was affecting the streambar too.

0 Kudos
Fletca1

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

I have the same problem

I have model 9102X Roku Soundbar.

Uninstalled App

Re-booted Roku

Re-installed App

Same problem persists

App loads on Smart TV App ok, so no problem at the BBC.

0 Kudos
Tode
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. Worked yesterday. 

Factory reset Roku and updated BBC iPlayer, no joy.  Will try return under guarantee as less than one year old.  No doubt they will blame the BBC.  And for all I know, they'll be right.

BBC iPlayer app on phone works fine, connected to the same WiFi network. So the BBC is not blocking my IP address.

0 Kudos
Tode
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Replying to my own post:

My Roku Express 4K is type 3940x.  Ihave just found that this is not listed by the BBC on their iPlayer help page as a model that they support.   I don't know if they ever supported it, as their page about devices that are no longer supported is no longer present.

0 Kudos
McGeddon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nice to know it's not just me!

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds not opening since latest update (7 June 2022) ROKU 3820EU 4K Stick

Jump to solution

Since the latest updates on 7 June 2022 for the BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds channels, neither channels will open. The on-screen message displayed on both the BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds channels is, "Sorry, this application is not currently available on your device." Roku Model 3820EU

I see on the internet and on this forum that other Roku users are also experiencing problems with the BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds applications since the latest update.

Will there be a fix for this soon?

Model 3820EU

Software 11.0.0, build 4193-CU

Serial Number: X01700JVEEW5

Device ID: S092419VEEW5

ID W5-227-322

BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds applications. No access to either since the update on 7 June 2022. On-screen message, "Sorry, this application is not currently available on your device."

0 Kudos
McGeddon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think we can assume the problem is not the BBC. All of us were working yesterday and the iPlayer is fairly device neutral.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@McGeddon 

There's another thread on this. It's long and rambles, but the upshot is: BBC updated their Roku app recently, and several Roku models stopped working.

As it's the developer (not Roku) that determines what apps work on what devices (and where), it's up to the developer (BBC) to issue a fix. BBC has yet to acknowledge a problem with their code. However, the message displayed is one that displays when the code indicates the device is not supported by the app.

BBC needs to fix the code in their app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos