Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CroKnows

Audio sync issues with Hulu and Roku Streambar

Same issue watching Justified. Sync issue occurs after commercials. Go back and resume series to solve each time. Definitely a hulu app issue. Also mutes audio for 2 seconds when returning from commercials. 

21 REPLIES 21
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio sync issues with Hulu and Roku Streambar

Hi @CroKnows,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having sync issues with the Hulu channel, and we would want to help you with this. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Remove the Hulu channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

After performing these steps, kindly check if you notice any difference.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

This fix like all the others, DOES NOT WORK!

Steve9930
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. Very annoying. You can always tell its screwed up because when it returns from the commercial, the audio is silent for several seconds. Then the audio is out of sync. If you back out and restart the stream the audio is fine. This happens on more than HULU. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Steve9930,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to help. As mentioned in the previous comment above this thread, have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue? If not, we highly recommend performing those to see if it resolves the issue.

If the issue persists, please keep us posted so we can work further on the issue. Your response matters most to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nbever
Reel Rookie

I'm not the original poster, but I'm experiencing the same issue with my streambar model 9102X.

For us it's very predictable.  We will begin streaming the content and a commercial set begins - audio is fine.  That set of commercials ends and the sound is gone as the content plays.  As other members have indicated, if you stop the stream and restart/resume the audio returns.

At this point the content seems to "work" through the next few commercial sets, but when it hits the final set of commercials the audio is lost when it returns to the content.  Stopping the stream and restarting/resuming then results in the content starting back at the very beginning and you have to fast forward back to where you left off.

We experience this with all streaming content on Hulu (w/Live) and not on any other streaming app.

We have taken the advice on this thread and tried the following to no avail:
* Uninstall/reinstall of the Hulu app
* Clearing the cache
* system restart
* re-seating the cables
* Trying to update both the app and the system

I contacted Hulu support as a suspect it's a software issue in the app and learned that Hulu does not list the Roku Streambar as a supported device.

Obviously after some update on the app or the platform, a glitch between the two was introduced and needs attention from one of the two parties to resolve.  Getting Hulu to officially support the Streambar would likely be a huge step forward.

cshekem

Just commenting as a +1 for this issue. I have a Roku 9101X soundbar and I have been experiencing delayed audio following commercial breaks in Hulu for weeks, possibly months. I have attempted all posted troubleshooting steps multiple times. Wildly frustrating that Hulu hasn’t fixed this - hopefully Roku can put some pressure on.

DanS777

Also adding a +1. I've been having this issue on a Roku Ultra for the past few weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DanS777,

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community!

We hear that you've been having the same problem as others in this thread with your Roku Ultra over the past weeks. We have provided a workaround to resolve this issue above this thread. It is recommended to give it a try so that you'll be able to install an updated version of the channel and see if the issue is resolved after it.

Tell us more about how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NativeAZ
Binge Watcher

Same issue for at least a month now. Using Roku Streambar. Only Hulu app does this. Reinstall, update, etc makes zero difference. Does Roku have any actual coders? Or just people who say, have you turned it off & back on? The last update obviously has a bug. Review the code.