Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howard21

Audio remains on for Bloomberg TV after selecting Home button (on remote) to turn off Bloomberg TV

Jump to solution

Audio remains on for Bloomberg TV after selecting Home button on remote control to turn off Bloomberg TV. Subsequently, no new channel/network can be selected including Bloomberg TV. Have to disconnect and then reconnect 3 cords at Roku box to restore functionality. This problem only occurs when I try to turn off Bloomberg TV - this problem does not occur when turning off any other channel/network. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gymsweat
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio remains on for Bloomberg TV after selecting Home button (on remote) to turn off Bloomberg

Jump to solution

Updating my post. Problem has corrected itself with Version 11.5 update. Thx!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio remains on for Bloomberg TV after selecting Home button (on remote) to turn off Bloomberg

Jump to solution

Did this problem just start recently?  Did your Roku device recently update to software version 11.5?  You can check your software version under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Gymsweat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Happens to me too. Bloomberg engineering unaware. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just started happening to me too recently.  I have to restart my Roku to correct.

0 Kudos
DavidUSA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same for me and started Oct 20th or 21st on my 2 devices.  Only with Bloomberg.

4660X - Roku Ultra - Software 11.0.0 build 4193-46

4200X - Roku 3 - Software 11.0.0 build 4193-04

I must do a long (1+ minute) power off reset to get my Roku's working again.  I don't know who or how to contact someone about this bug.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
PSMaier
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just started happening to us, also.  Bloomberg, only.

ROKU...WHERE ARE YOU?  Please answer our question and fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Gymsweat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Updating my post. Problem has corrected itself with Version 11.5 update. Thx!

PSMaier
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you have to manually update?

0 Kudos
Gymsweat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I suppose you could try. Mine did it after I had it unplugged for a while

0 Kudos
PSMaier
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku rep suggested that I delete Bloomberg, restart via Settings/System/System Restart, reinstall channel.  It seems to have worked.  I think it updated during that process, too.

0 Kudos