Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkyDot
Level 7

Apps totally missing & cannot search or download them

I JUST bought a Roku Streaking Stick+ and NONE of the apps we use are available for download.  This was a Christmas gift for my husband & it’s a total disaster so far. There are pictures of ALL KINDS of apps (ABC, NBC, HULU, HBO, Disney+, etc) on the box, but NONE of those are available for me tow download.  I live in South Carolina.  I purchased this Roku in South Carolina.....so EVERY SINGLE ONE of the apps I want should be available for download.  I use them all of the time on different devices.  If NONE of the apps are even available for download, then what is the point of this device?!?!  

I am able to download & use, Netflix & YouTube & tons of stupid “extra” apps that I’ll NEVER use. 

I need a solution ASAP.

The Roku remote even has “buttons” for 3 apps that don’t “exist” on the screen.....HULU, Disney+, & Sling.  I click those buttons & NOTHING!  I also can’t download them via my phone (which is ON the same network).  

please give me some help or this piece of **bleep** gets returned on Monday!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apps totally missing & cannot search or download them

From the Roku home screen:  Settings > System > About

Is the email address shown for your account your correct email address?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos