Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apps not loading or taking a long time

@kdskidoo

Thanks for the post.

How far is this specific TV to your router in comparison to the other TV that you are not having an issue with? Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the TV that you are experiencing an issue with to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gbarb
Channel Surfer

Considering my original post about the problem was Nov. of 2021...I would say any troubleshooting at this point is moot.

The problem, solved about a week after intitially posting, was due to a Roku update that had built in issues. It had been resolved in 2021. 

0 Kudos

How did you get this issue resolved? I am having the same issue with mine.

0 Kudos
Gbarb
Channel Surfer

My issue, from 6 1/2 months ago, turned out to be a widespread problem with a Roku update that they eventually fixed. Haven't had any issues since then.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bivinschic82

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

I just starting having the same issue on bedroom roku with apps not loading. The only app that I can get to load on a regular basis is the roku channel. Other apps like hbo wont even open and youtube throws an error message. I am about to ditch the roku and go to something else.

Not sure what happened was working fine along with my downstairs TV, then one day it all stopped working and I had to troubleshoot the TV first. Seemed with the TV the DNS server needed to be set to 8.8.8.8. I have not figured out how to do this on the rojku, but I doubt it will fix the issue even if I was able to do it. TV is hardwires and roku is wireless. Router sits in the basement and the roku sits in second story of home.

I have:

restarted device

switch to different routers and even tried tethering from phone

restarted router

reset roku and rebuilt with apps

I do not think changing the wireless channel will make a difference as I have not had to do this in the past.

Some sort of update was pushed to casuse all this and not sure what.

Most people are going to lean towards my router got pushed an update, but the router has VPN firmware flashed to it that has to updated manually, I do not believe the router is the issue.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@stickerbush1970 wrote:

... Seemed with the TV the DNS server needed to be set to 8.8.8.8. I have not figured out how to do this on the rojku, ...

You don't configure separate DNS settings for Roku. You can put that out of your mind.

@stickerbush1970 wrote:

I just starting having the same issue on bedroom roku with apps not loading. ... Not sure what happened was working fine along with my downstairs TV, then one day it all stopped working  ...  TV is hardwires and roku is wireless.  ...

Bedroom Roku? Does this mean the downstairs TV has a different Roku device? That would be helpful, as would the model numbers for each Roku device: Settings > System > About

@stickerbush1970 wrote:
... Most people are going to lean towards my router got pushed an update, but the router has VPN firmware flashed to it that has to updated manually, I do not believe the router is the issue. ...

Many apps don't play nice with VPNs. If the apps with the issue received updates, and they included updates that impacted how the app works with VPNs, this could explain what you're encountering.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
angieer

I use Hotspot for my Tv actually and it still doesnt work. It has the same issues everyone here is talking about . My apps never load and my Hbo maxx is the only one that loads but still doesn’t allow me to watch any content. I dont know what to do ? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@angieer

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
DebiM

This just happened to me. Turn the power off on the tv and turn the router off. Wait 30 seconds and turn both back on. Wallah! It worked . Thanks to others on this thread for the tip. 

0 Kudos