Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV suddenly started crashing on my Roku 3

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
MSully56
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey Dan, concerning using a desktop to use the casting feature, while I have not tried this myself, I have put a USB Wi-Fi dongle on a desktop I have to connect to the internet wirelessly, and I imagine it would also let you mirror to a Roku device.  They're not that expensive, and having Wi-Fi capability on your desktop can be quite handy - I've used it to network with my laptops as well.

MS

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, I would expect adding a WiFi stick to a desktop would permit Miracast to work. Never checked that myself, but there's no obvious reason that it would not. Windows 10 has it built in, so just need the supporting hardware. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MSully56
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny - and I'm sure they probably have contacts within Apple that are not available to us, and can get some traction with them to do their part.  I'm sure both Roku and Apple want this app to work, it is only in the best interest of both companies, and if we do get this resolved, my faith that these blogs really do get noticed and can affect change will be renewed!

MS

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

10/12/2021 Roku update of OS 1474->4181 and airplay update fixed both AirPlay and AppleTV problems last night. Roku3-4200X.         

MSully56
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

WOW Guys... We did it!  Big Kudo's to Danny and the Roku team for recognizing this issue and getting it fixed post-haste...  I beta tested the update, and while I had to reboot the box one more time after installing the update, it appears that all is good.  I tested about a dozen other channels, and no problems.  

The post only mentions the Roku 3 - 4200X (which is the model I have) - for those with different models, please test and let us know if this works for you too.

Thanks again!

MS

namgaw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Working for me, too!                           

Yay!!                                                  

0 Kudos
AaronLafcadio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @MSully56 

Thank you!! Apple TV+ Up and running 

As @atc98092 pointed out, Apple app so appreciate the “encouragement” to them to provide such quick turn around for fix

0 Kudos
AaronLafcadio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R —-possibly a Roku fix as there was an OS update?

Doesn’t really matter -pure curiosity 

0 Kudos
catmanda14

Apple TV keeps restarting Roku

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick (3810X) / Software version 10.5.0 • build 4191-50. Opening the Apple TV app restarts the Roku Stick every time. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps I have found on this site and also internet searches (delete app, restart device, etc.). Nothing is fixing this problem. I don’t know what else to do to make this app work.

0 Kudos