Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

@bianka4177 

Thanks for the post.

Where are you currently located?

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whitdog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apple tv+ keeps giving me a "verification failed" "try again in a few minutes". I tried everything. Reset to factory specs. No SD card. Called Apple support. Did EVERYTHING! Apple support gave up. Updated everything. Apple support, after 30 minutes, suggested I contact Roku. So here I am and after a year it looks as if Roku and Apple have continued to throw the hot potato back and forth.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@whitdog 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whitdog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done EVERYTHING!! And I can log into my older Roku just fine so this is a Roku problem with my new tv. Model # 8116X-Roku TV. Software version 9.4.0, build 4190-48. Issue ID 37-456-680.

And BTW, I was just on Roku chat with Jesse and did EVERYTHING...reset. full factory reset. During the chat Jessie asked me to do a factory reset. Well, it takes a while because one has to re-enter lots of info. I got cut off from support because I was taking too long! Horrible customer service!

I updated everything. And one more thing, I did this whole routine 6 days ago and never received an email on the progress.

Please, for the love of God, FIX THIS!!!!

0 Kudos
malimay

apple tv

Jump to solution

I have been trying to remove apple tv for a couple of months. I'm still being charged....please help. I'm not computer savvy.

0 Kudos
whitdog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update on my last post:

I just re-contacted Apple TV+ and they say that they do not see my model 8116X on the supported TV list. So now what. When I bought this TV nothing was mentioned about "Oh, BTW, this model does not support apple TV+"

It would be nice to know if Apple and Roku are going to get together and support Apple TV+ on this model. I going to return my Roku TV to Amazon if I do not get a reply soon. It will receive a review.

0 Kudos
hobart9579
Reel Rookie

Re: apple tv

Jump to solution

This thread is about Apple TV not being compatible with some Roku TVs. Anyway, one easy way to cancel Apple TV or any other subscriptions is to go to Settings on your iPhone, click on your name and then click on Subscriptions. You should see it in there. 🙂

0 Kudos
dmms
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

au contraire:  Apple TV denies all responsibility for this problem and directs inquiries to Roku. (see my related post at "Apple TV promotional code" thread.)

I opened an Apple account on my Roku smart tv, enrolled in ITunes, have Apple login and pw, but Apple says there's no record of my TV account with them (only the ITunes "Music" account.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Where can I find my SD card slot on the onn Roku TV? I tried looking for it. 

0 Kudos
Jaquith
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Only the Roku Ultra's have SD Card expansion. Roku TVs AFAIK don't offer the expansion, at least on the 2 Roku TVs I own from TCL (4 series and 8 series). So simply skip that / those steps.