Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lazuleo
Level 7

Apple TV+ 3mos free on phone but not on Roku Device

I have a free 3mo trial for Apple TV+ since I bought an Apple product. Apple confirmed my login and Apple ID, and I can play it on my phone, which is too small for me to see. I called Apple because this free 3mo trial won't work on my TV with streaming device model 3800X (which is supported). Apple confirmed my subscription, but Roku can't "read" it. Roku can "launch" Apple TV on my TV, but it wants me to sign up for a 7day trial or subscribe. Apple says it all works and should be able to be read through Roku to stream on TV, and said it's a Roku problem.

I deleted the app, added it again, deleted Apple TV from phone and Roku streaming on my TV, then started over. No dice. It just doesn't recognize my Apple ID or anything. It doesn't work with my Roku sign in either.

Apple won't deal with this. Who can help? Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Level 14

Re: Apple TV+ 3mos free on phone but not on Roku Device

After you deleted the app from the Roku did you restart the Roku?  Have you tried scanning the QR code on the apple TV + login screen?

0 Kudos
Lazuleo
Level 7

Re: Apple TV+ 3mos free on phone but not on Roku Device

@HDMIGuy wrote:

After you deleted the app from the Roku did you restart the Roku?  Have you tried scanning the QR code on the apple TV + login screen?

Thanks for replying. Yes, I did both.

0 Kudos