Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App size smaller on Roku TV

With all the work on themes ans accessibility it is beyond me why app/font size is not something you can change. 

We got a new TV with Roku for my Mom and we got ot so she wouldn't have the extra box. However, she is 76 and now these icons for the apps are next to impossible for her to read. The menu on the side is also smaller. 

I really don't want to have to hook the Roku box into the Roku TV but we may need to just so she can watch things. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App size smaller on Roku TV

Hello! @Wolfiegurl76,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist,

If your Roku streaming player is unable to correctly detect the capabilities of your TV, you may wish to configure the display type on your own. Follow the steps below to manually change your display type setting.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Display type.
  4. Select one of the available display types and press OK on your remote.
  5. Your screen may go black for a few seconds while the display setting is changed.
  6. When an image is shown, select Yes, I can see it, and press OK on your remote.
  7. Your screen will return to the Display Type menu.
  8. A check will appear next to the new display setting.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos