Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texconsin
Streaming Star

Re: Annoying continuous ROKU loop commercial

I'm NOT from Missouri (except for Basic at Fort Lost in the Woods, Misery back in 1974), but Roku's going to have to SHOW ME.  I'll give it a try tonight with Live from Studio 6B on RAV.  Thanks for at least a glimmer of hope...your post "IS TAKING THE WORLD BY STOOOOOORM!!!"

StevieWonder
Channel Surfer

I may try out the new commercials but I found a different solution. The two live TV channels I like to watch, Real America's Voice and Newsmax, both offer dedicated apps for Roku devices. Both work very well and my only disappointment with them is that I have to go back and forth to and from the home page to switch channels rather than simply going up or down a couple of channels. I  hope this information helps others. 

0 Kudos
Texconsin
Streaming Star

There's a lot of live content on Rumble, too, but RAV is my favorite.  I avoid Blaze and Steve Deace; he backed my Texas Senator (as did I) in the 2016 primaries and (unlike me) he painfully voted for the winner in the general.  Now, he's a "Florida man" for 2024 and he spends half of his show slamming 45.  He's so "never" that I think he hates 45 worse than 46.  I'd bet he wastes his vote in the next general on the "new" independent (and we know what "independent" means, where the rubber meets the road.  No offense if you agree with Deace.  Like "the man said," "it's a free country" (until further notice).  Thanks, either way.

0 Kudos
Texconsin
Streaming Star

To clarify, I DID vote for 45 in both 16 and 20 but, for me, it was pleasure, not pain.

0 Kudos
Robby_Wausau
Reel Rookie

Ugh .. 🙄🥺🤪🥹🙄😡 Now that WMX ad followed by Latino TV channels commercial airs every break, my wife can speak fluently and MISSES Weird A l and Martha!! We ❤️❤️ soothing narration of Don Wildman but if this repetitive obnoxious system continues we'll just go to sleep with Peter Thomas' voice on Forensic Files with PlutoTV  instead..

Robby_Wausau
Reel Rookie

I'll trade Aisha Tyler sounding Oprah saying "Weird Al has taken the 🌎 world 🌍 by storm!", for 2x louder than the show:

-"🌀🎶🎵 I don't

ever..

Leave the house 

🌀🎶🎵" AKA WMX Rock ad

REISENUP
Channel Surfer

Guess who's back and ready to party?  Why, Martha Stewart and Weird Al, of course!!

They must have snuck in through the back door while the security guards were busy drinking in the wonder that is Emeril's latest dumb*** show.  Just as I predicted: the commercials that have replaced such classics as "Rise Up" and "To Another Level" have been replaced with equally grating bottom-of-the-barrel-scrapers such as "The Marriage Pact" and another (I don't know the name) in which a woman screams as though she's being poked with a white-hot branding-iron!!  Holy cow!  Will it ever stop?  Yo - I don't know.

At least we've seen the last of that cue ball-headed schmuck Rich Eisen.  Or have we?????????? (queue dramatic orchestral music)

debfenwick
Channel Surfer

I like your discription of rich eisen.

Brandon7
Reel Rookie

If I have to hear a grown person crying "follow your dreams" one more time, this roku is gone.  And with it paramount plus.

Texconsin
Streaming Star

You're going to hate it when you see "BUILD YOUR DREAM" on the back of Chicom import cars when BYD starts shipping to the US.  ("Follow your dreams" made me think of their spelled-out brand name on the trunk lids on some of their models.)  I'm going to hate it because BYD is, of course, a joint venture with the Chinese Communist Party, just like almost every big business in that dictatorship.

0 Kudos