Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mart1058
Reel Rookie

Re: Annoying continuous ROKU loop commercial

Happens to me, how many times do you have to watch the same commercial in a row.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @EROCK611 @mart1058,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the ads and contents within an app. The respective channel is solely responsible for choosing the content and ads, and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. We recommend contacting the affected channel's support team to report the issue and for further help.

In addition, Please be aware that while we can't please everyone with the displayed ads, we strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I completely agree. I'm disabled and watch TV, my  Roku, often. So so sick of it! I already have a Roku....I don't need to see the same **bleep** over and over, often within moments of one another! #Roku

debfenwick
Channel Surfer

I hated the Martha Steward adverisement (where she winks and says she’s a bit of a multitasker) I decided to see if there was others out there,And sure enough,there was plenty,So my question ,why keep it on the air?My roku remote is flawed and will not mute fast enough.I can tolerate the sheer amount of commercial interruptions to a certain degree but I can not stomach Martha Steward saying her bit about being a multi tasker.I like the Roku live channels a lot but I dislike some of their advertisements even more,Is there programming logic behind their clear lack of good taste???

debfenwick
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply.Now please tell me how to contact the support team for the Live TV commercials resposible for the offensive Martha Steward comments!They need to edit their commercials with more discernment 

BobbyGarringer
Reel Rookie

These repetitious promo loops are tasteless and insulting. With the many varieties of different shows provided by Roku, you have a lengthy possibility of trailers that could vary—day and night and at different times in the week, month, and season. Then, you guys would appear to be real professionals, and we would actually pay attention to your promos.

BobbyGarringer
Reel Rookie

What channel? Any channel.

BobbyGarringer
Reel Rookie

Just watch! It’s no mystery. It’s outrageous repetition.

BobbyGarringer
Reel Rookie

We’re not responsible! You’re the one carrying the silly ad loop, and it’s a loop of ads for the Roku channel! 

debfenwick
Channel Surfer

I cant understand why Martha Stewart will even allow the unflattering clip to continue running and alienating the public.I am not a big fan of reality shows in general and have no preconceived animosity toward Martha but  I guarantee that in the future I will avoid her and her shows.The clip is probably not so disgusting when seen in context.If it is so important to push her shows why not do a better job of representing her? I think Martha has a good chance to even sue Roku for demeaning her persona.