Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
33sarge
Streaming Star

American Horrors Channel, Classic not working

American Horrors Channel, Classic is no longer working. Just get an error code to the affect that you might have a slow internet connection OR there is something wrong with the program and to contact the provider. 

Does anyone know if this channel is being supported anymore or is it dead? If dead, WHY can't these providers either pull the channel or let us viewers know.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
33sarge
Streaming Star

Re: American Horrors Channel, Classic not working

Has anyone checked this channel since my question from last month? I find it hard to believe that no one watches this channel. Just like to know if it's just me or is the channel "kaput".

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @33sarge,

Thank you for this post.

We understand your concern regarding this channel. May we know the following:

• What error code or message have you been receiving?
  • Is the issue only persistent in this channel?
  • Have you tried removing and adding back the channel?

With further details, we'll be able to provide a better resolution.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Channel Error (91-5662390c). 

Says;

Sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. This may be caused by a slow internet connection. If your internet connection is ok, please check with the channel owner for more information.

I do not have "slow internet connection".

Have uninstalled and reinstalled this app a couple of times. Both times, rebooted my Roku after deleting the app and prior to reinstalling it. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @33sarge,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It may be best to contact the channel provider's support directly and inform them about this issue. Most channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel providers.

We hope that his issue will be resolved sooner.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

American Horrors Channel along with American Horrors Classic channel are STILL not loading/working on my ROKU. I have attempted to contact the owner of the channel and while Hart was kind enough to answer back in July, I have been unable to contact him since. And with Facebook now requiring membership to Facebook to access any feeds, I am unable to check to see if there are any announcements on his Facebook page.

Does ANYONE know what is going on with these 2 channels? And please do not tell me to remove and add back on these channels. I have already done that numerous times.

Someone must know what is going on. I cannot believe I am the only person watching these channels.

Also, I have noticed that there are ALOT of channels no longer working on my ROKU, either "Temporarily out of service" won't load, or won't load. Has ROKU changed something with streaming in the past couple of months as B-ZONE TV implied?.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @33sarge,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

As per @RokuTakashi mentioned above, it is best to contact the channel provider's support team to report the issue and get further assistance.

It is important to keep in mind that we do not program any apps for our channel partners. They will most likely provide a variety of app bundles tailored to the platform, and the channel partner is solely responsible for the management of these apps.

Because there may be some instances in which the particular channel provider demands additional information or facts about the subscribers that we do not have access to, we recommend to our customers that they get in touch with the channel provider directly.

Thanks for your understanding!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jk2022
Binge Watcher

Hi 33Sarge!

I hope you are doing well. One of the American Horrors channels is now working. The classics one does not appear to be running. I hope you get a chance to enjoy! Yesterday they showed The Children, an early 80s (somewhat) campy classic which was fun to watch. Hope it works for you now. Thanks for your support in the forums with these cool channels.

Stay well!

0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Well, American Horror's Channel is still working but American Horror's Classic Channel is still off the air. Latest information that I could find was that the owner, Hart, had gotten the main channel up online but that the Classic channel would be back either the end of October or the first part of November. Since it's the end of November, I guess that hasn't happened. I haven't been able to contact him since.

Too many horror channels are still off the air as well. I have not been able to contact any of them, Shiver TV, Pulp Action, Grindhouse Grit 2, etc. Been deleting many more due to the same issues. Oh well, guess Roku is dying as well. Most of the channels they promote are available on my smart TV's, so why use Roku anymore.

0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Not that anyone will care, but I decide to delete all the channels that are no longer working/having issues with. I've tried to contact several of the owners and not ONE has replied to my inquiries as to what is going on with their programs. All Roku will say is to delete, reboot, reinstall which is totally worthless and has NEVER worked for me.

Seems like all Roku is promoting are major programs that are readily available on any smart TV, so why bother with Roku anymore. My wife has a few international channels that she watches but a few of hers have dropped off as well.

I still cannot understand why these owners won't let their viewers know what's going on, to me it's just simple courtesy but what do I know.....

0 Kudos