Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rmpromo
Reel Rookie

America’s voice streaming issues

Why is it every time I watch America’s voice channel it drops connection and brings me back to the main menu then when I tried to click on America’s voice again it just goes back to the main menu give it a couple of minutes then it’ll work fine but after a couple of minutes it’ll drop again

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: America’s voice streaming issues

@Rmpromo 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rmpromo
Reel Rookie

No I’ve tried just about everything customer service has recommended and still having the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rmpromo 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to America's Voice channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the America's Voice channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tripletaco

If I press the pause button, a drop down appears and asks if you want to exit America's Voice and go to Prime.  This I believe is a form of censorship.  It is irritating.  Stop this nonsense ROKU!

0 Kudos

I can't help thinking this is a form of restricting free speech. I used to be able to access America's Voice on Roku until recently. So I watch it from  the internet.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@6235 

Sometimes Real America's Voice Channel just has some problems streaming through their Channel/app. Normally just have to be patient and it will begin to work again without user intervention. 

You can verify if this is the issue when the stand-alone Channel/app fails to work properly by either using their online (website) access, trying to access through the Rumble Channel/app or merely by watching it on Channel 175 on the Roku Channel Live TV.  

Hardly think Roku is censoring this content if it is provided a LiveTV channel spot (again ch. 175) on the Roku Channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Terry16

Why does Americas voice freeze up about 90% of the time on Roku

0 Kudos
Terry16

Americas Voice on Roku freezes up about 90% of the time.  What is going on and how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Terry16 

How are you trying to watch RAV?

Mine has also started freezing up through Rumble, so I have been increasingly watching it on both Roku Channel 194 and also on Pluto ch.470 and I don't remember having issues as of late.

I generally do most of my watching through Rumble for RAV, but usually just switch over to one the above live channels when issues arise.

I have mentioned before that I gave up on the standalone RAV channel/app awhile ago since it became buggy and unstable. (work for awhile, then have issues, then be fixed, then issues again.)  At least, that has been been my experience.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos