Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkugler

Amazon app suddenly telling me it's having HDMI issues

A couple nights ago, the Amazon app stopped working correctly. It pops up a message saying "There's a problem with the connection to your TV."  Also verbiage about checking your connection, cable, etc. The link they give goes to a generic page with a bunch of troubleshooting steps which didn't apply to us.

I've tried replacing the cable. Other apps on the Roku work: HBO Max (which I assume would care about HDCP) and YouTube work without issue.

Has anyone seen this? The Amazon app was updated about a month ago. Was there a recent Roku update that might have affected this?

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Terijo

Re: Amazon app suddenly telling me it's having HDMI issues

Same issue. Spoke to Amazon prime. They said ask Roku support.  
any suggestions?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Terijo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulis
Channel Surfer

Hey there,

The Amazon app on my Roku box is displaying ab error HDMI connection There’s a problem with the connection to your TV. 

every other app on the Roku box works fine. Any ideas on what incan do to fix it?

i did update the app but the same thing occurred. 

thank you

paul

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Paulis,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Paulis
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary,

i did exactly as you said. Remove the channel and restart the system then add a new Amazon channel. 

Although the look of the channel is different indicating that the channel if different version, the same issue exists. HDMI Connection. There’s a problem with the connection to your TV. 

what else can i try?

thanks

paul

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Paulis,

Thanks for following up.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue. I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Mary

Paulis
Channel Surfer

I thought you were going to help me. 

can Roko speak to amazon on my behalf?

im sure Roko would carry more weight than i. 

thank you

paul

0 Kudos
Paulis
Channel Surfer

It turns out the the issue is with my theater system. 

please close case

paul

0 Kudos
2Petunia

It is the HDCP error but it’s only happening on Amazon Prime, not any other channel. The fix - unplug HDMI cables, unplug from power, replug HDMI cables, replug power- works but is a royal pain. 

0 Kudos