Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debi333
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime not working on Express+ composite output.

Jump to solution

Makes sense.  my Roku with HDMI is working.  my Roku Express with composite is not.

We have tried everything we can think of & have not had Prime for several days on the main TV.

0 Kudos
debi333
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Here are my stats.

Model 3910 RW-Roku Express +

S/N:  YG000E238453

Device ID:  C53790238453

Software OS:  9.3.0 build 4194-51

Only on Amazon Prime

v. 11.4 build 2020090921

Tracker ID 53-402-020

0 Kudos

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-RI did repeated factory resets, and on I think the fourth try Prime started working again.

0 Kudos
krowten1
Level 8

Jump to solution

C'mon @RokuDanny-R.

Doing four factory resets is *not* an acceptable solution. Please post regularly regarding the extent to which this problem is being aggressively addressed. Thanks.

FAN1970
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Jump to solution

Starting late last week, Oct 1ish, I cannot get Prime to work on my Roku express plus. Works fine on Roku Ultra and 2 TCL Roku TVs only issue seems to be on the Express plus. Amazon noncustomer service was of no help so I started searching and found this post and a few others. I have uninstalled and re installed several times before talking to noncustomer service and then again with them. All other apps work fine just this one and on 2 totally different express plus, we had upgraded to a second Roku TV in August which is why i had extra Express plus to try another roku.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@krowten1 wrote:

C'mon @RokuDanny-R.

Doing four factory resets is *not* an acceptable solution. Please post regularly regarding the extent to which this problem is being aggressively addressed. Thanks.

"Acceptable" is subjective - what might be unacceptable to you is clearly acceptable to others.

That being said, both Roku and Amazon are aware of the (latest) issue involving Prime and Express+ models using composite output.

If you haven't directly contacted both, I highly encourage you to do so:

Amazon:

email:  aiv-roku-feedback@amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/prime-video

Roku:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

However, do not expect @RokuDanny-R  or any other Roku employee to provide updates - at best they may post here when the issue has been resolved (usually requiring a manual update of your Roku at worst).

I was able to get a fix ETA from Amazon of 48-72 hours (from today), FWIW.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Jump to solution

@FAN1970 wrote:

Starting late last week, Oct 1ish, I cannot get Prime to work on my Roku express plus. Works fine on Roku Ultra and 2 TCL Roku TVs only issue seems to be on the Express plus. Amazon noncustomer service was of no help so I started searching and found this post and a few others. I have uninstalled and re installed several times before talking to noncustomer service and then again with them. All other apps work fine just this one and on 2 totally different express plus, we had upgraded to a second Roku TV in August which is why i had extra Express plus to try another roku.

See this thread:   https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Amazon-Will-not-work-9-3-OS-Express-device/td...

0 Kudos
DARREN56
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem for me (with Express+). I tried everything, including doing a factory reset more than once. Prime tries to load and then the screen goes black and stays black until I push the home button on the remote to return to the home screen. All other channels are fine. Problem is only with component output. Prime loads and works fine with HDMI output. 

lmpell
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, @RokuDanny-R

Model 3910RW Roku Express +

Serial number YG00GL820580

Software version 9.3.0 build 4194-51

Device ID c5386g820580

Issue is with Prime Video only version 11.4 build 2020090921

Issue tracker ID 80-402-954

All other paid and free subscriptions are working

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@lmpell @michael_justin @krowten1 

Thanks for providing us with the information I have requested.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos