Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluke
Roku Guru

Amazon Prime manually pick the next episode to watch

Jump to solution

I had watched every episode of Stargate: SG-1 on Netflix.  Everything worked great just as expected.

Then I wanted to move on to the spin-off series Stargate: Atlantis.  At the time the only place I could find it was on Hulu.  This does not always work as expected.  Hulu has some skip credits feature/anti-features.  At the beginning of an episode it is optional and will play the entire credits by default.  But then at the end it will pop up another skip credits and if you don't cancel in 5 seconds it automatically skips.  On some episodes of Stargate: Atlantis, what Hulu considers credits is over 10 minutes in length of which only the last 2 minutes is the actual credits.  So, Hulu automatically skips 8+ minutes of the ending of the episode.  I would contact Hulu "support" but from past experience I know that would be a frustrating waste of time.

Recently I discovered Amazon completely their take over of MGM and every Stargate series is now available on Amazon Prime video.  It is ad-free and plays the entire episode with no 10 minute skips!  Only problem is I have to manually pick the next episode to watch as it keeps wanting me to watch the pilot from season 1 since it is marked unwatched.

Has anyone else upgraded from Hulu to Amazon Prime?  Is there an easy way to mark previous episodes as already watched?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Upgrading from Hulu to Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

@fluke

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Upgrading from Hulu to Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

@fluke

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos