Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tick71
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime keeps dropping from my Roku

Amazon Prime keeps dropping from my Roku and I keep having to remove and reinstall it. This ONLY happens with Prime & no other channels. If it continues and Amazon doesn't fix it I will stop paying for it! SO Tired of having to do this every day!!!

15 REPLIES 15
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Prime keeps dropping from my Roku

@Tick71 

What do you mean by "keeps dropping?" My first though was that it was disappearing from the menu, but you say you have to remove it and add it back. So, what does "keeps dropping" mean?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tick71
Reel Rookie

I mean... when I go to my Prime it has a black/blank screen. I have to then remove it and re-add it in order to get it to work again. Then the next day it does the whole thing all over again.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Tick71 

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

What you're attempting to do is actually a three step process, and the order of the steps is important. You only listed two of the steps. There's one missing, the middle step.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Do all three steps in that order. See if this clears out any garbage data that my be causing the app to glitch.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tick71
Reel Rookie

I did the 3 steps several times, because I read the post that talked about these steps. It doesn't matter, it still does the same thing. 2 steps or 3, my Prime channel is still a black screen the next day.

0 Kudos
renojim

Do you really have to go through the whole remove/re-add procedure or can you just do a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate)?

What's the model number displayed under Settings->System->About?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Exer142443643
Reel Rookie

Exact same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Exer142443643,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Are you being prompted with an error message? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bradco
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime begins to play movie then drops(screen goes blank) then home page with channels appears.

bradco
Reel Rookie

Also having the same problem with Netflix. Disney Paramount Youtube Premium etc all work fine.

0 Kudos