Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

Amazon Prime Video- shows don’t appear in Continue Watching after viewing episodes

I have an intermittent problem with Prime Video.  Several times, I have started watching a show, watch a few episodes, then start the next one, and exit.  When I am on the Home Screen the next time, that show does not show up in Continue Watching.  It happens when I start watching a show from the Search function, and sometimes when I start watching it from my Watchlist.  

It’s really annoying to have to search for the show again the next time to resume watching.   Amazon support was it useless self.  Log out and back in (already tried that).  Delete and re- add the app(already tried that too).  Create a new profile and start from scratch- that's a nonstarter, as all my Watchlist items are in my main profile.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Any workarounds?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Curtislav
Binge Watcher

Re: Amazon Prime Video- shows don’t appear in Continue Watching after viewing episodes

Sorry I can't help, but I am seeing the same thing! It drives me NUTS! Sometimes it works for me, but many times it displays shows that I rarely watch but not a show I was watching 5 minutes ago! We watch the show The Middle, and in our experiments we have found the earlier seasons work and show in Continue Watching, but the later seasons don't!  Let me know if you learn anything. 

RaakheeN

Re: Amazon Prime Video- shows don’t appear in Continue Watching after viewing episodes

Omg! This is exactly what is happening to me too!!! I went to my watchlist, started a show have watched a few episodes and still nothing on “continue watching” has there been a fix or any response from Prime???

#amazonprime #primevideo

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RaakheeN,

We are happy to have you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the Amazon Prime Video channel. We're happy to help. Could you try the following steps to resolve the issue?

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Update the channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star button on your remote.

Additionally, we would recommend that you reach out to the channel provider to inquire further regarding their channel's functionality on the Roku platform.

We hope this helps!

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator