Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koksab1
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

I'm having the same issue, my roku model is 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Can anyone help resolve this issue? Thank you

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

Hi @koksab1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Amazon Prime Video channel. Help is here. Please follow these steps:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the channel's name or app, highlight the channel, and select add the channel.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
koksab1
Reel Rookie

The issue is I can't find the Amazon prime video in the apps, and there is no search when I click on streaming channels. Kindly help 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Are you in the US? I just checked mine, and it's still there and works.

0 Kudos
koksab1
Reel Rookie

I'm in Nigerian, west Africa 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Most likely, Amazon Prime Video is not available there. Even if you are just visiting, availability is based on the location of the Roku. 

0 Kudos
Koksab

Is there anywhere I can change my region on the roku or there is no remedy for this issue? 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It uses the IP address your local Internet service provides to determine your location. You can't alter that on the Roku. 

0 Kudos