Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vivi1
Level 8

Amazon Prime Video does not connect anymore

Hello,

Sorry, this is all Greek to me. Please be patient, trying to work with a "live" person. And do they exist anymore? So here is the problem, Prime Video does not connect because the video is no longer available on my Roku devise. I don't think buying a new devise it the key. So please tell me how I can trouble shoot.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video does not connect anymore

@Vivi1 

Thanks for the post. 

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you seeing an error message on screen? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Vivi1
Level 8

Hi Danny

Thanks so much for taking the time to trouble-shoot. My devise is Model RC12,

what model do you suggest I purchase? Please advice.

Best,

Viv

0 Kudos
ALUNE
Level 7

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I've had the same problem and it only started this week. 

Am I missing an update?

Error message reads " Prime Video is no longer available on this Roku model ".  

Message appears on a purple background. 

Model 3500EU 

Roku Stick 

Ver 10.5.0 

Build 4198-09 

Thankyou 

0 Kudos
Vivi1
Level 8

Danny

We are waiting for answers, you have two people with same problem, the models that do not work are RC12 and 3500EU. Can you provide a model that is compatible to Amazon Prime

Thanks

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Vivi1 

Supposedly Prime Video members with older Roku devices were sent an email that read in part...

"Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on your Roku device (The specific models no longer supported are: 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X) as of 1st November, 2021. We are continually upgrading our service and this occasionally means we can no longer support certain device models. "

You can find out what your Roku device model number is by navigating to Settings...System...About [press OK]

If you have one of the affected devices, then you will need to purchase a newer Roku if you wish to view Prime Video content.  Users reported that in the emails received, they were provided a link to receive a discounted price on a new device.  Otherwise, Roku has a sale going on with many of their devices.  Very good prices as compared to regular pricing.  You should be able to purchase them at Walmart, Target, Best Buy at these prices also, in my experience. (https://www.roku.com/products/players)

More info about this Amazon email can be found in this thread.  https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Is-Amazon-no-longer-going-to-support-the-Prim...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
ALUNE
Level 7

Thanks Roku 

Again removing an app without prior warning,  no email received but keep sending me those surveys about how you're doing. 

Amazon Fire ordered,  problem solved. 

Bye Roku 

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Roku doesn't control what models a developer wishes to support. Roku may not even know themselves that support for an app is being dropped. If you have a complaint, send it to Amazon. Roku only provides a platform for developers to write for, and is only responsible for the operating system and the Roku Channel.

As far as the models noted, it's possible they don't want to support Europe (EU model). RC12 is a remote control, not an actual Roku. You can find the actual model by going to Settings/System/About and scrolling to the right to see the Model.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@ALUNE 

Just to clear up any confusion, Roku didn't remove the Prime Video Channel for these devices.  Amazon sent this email that Prime Video Channel was ending support for these older devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos