Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rocksand42
Reel Rookie

Amazon Music is not displaying HD audio as an option on Roku Ultra

I have a Roku Ultra connected to a home theater receiver via hdmi. When loading the Amazon music app, the audio for albums,songs, etc... is only available in their standard compressed formats. HD & UltraHD are not available.  I am hoping someone here could either let me know where that magic setting would be, or let me know if this device is capable of HD audio playback for that app.

Device Information:
Model "4670X - Roku Ultra"
Serial: YJ003V665157
Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4312-46

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon Music is not displaying HD audio as an option on Roku Ultra

Hi @rocksand42

Welcome to the Roku Community!

It's possible that your home theater receiver may not support the audio formats used by the Amazon Music app for HD and UltraHD playback.

First, check if your receiver supports HD audio formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or other high-resolution audio formats. If it does, then you may need to adjust the audio settings on your Roku Ultra to ensure that it is outputting audio in the correct format.

To do this, go to the Settings menu on your Roku Ultra and select Audio. From there, select HDMI and ensure that the audio output is set to the highest possible quality, such as Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, or Dolby Atmos, depending on your receiver's capabilities.

If your receiver does not support HD audio formats, then the Amazon Music app will only be able to play audio in the standard compressed format. In this case, you may want to consider upgrading your home theater receiver to one that supports the audio formats used by the Amazon Music app for HD and UltraHD playback.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
rocksand42
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Music is not displaying HD audio as an option on Roku Ultra

I changed the Roku audio settings from Auto to DTS. I also changed the audio on the receiver from auto to DTS, but the HD labels still did not appear in the Amazon Music App. On the off chance that the Marantz receiver was the issue, I tried connecting the Roku ultra to the Onkyo HT receiver. The HD audio labels were still not there despite which audio settings I set these two devices to.  Both of those receivers should be perfectly capable of playing Hi Res Audio.

Amazon says the app is able to play HD audio on the Roku devices.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos