Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrod7
Reel Rookie

Amazon Music Not Playing Issue - Help

I have a Roku Express 4K and have the Amazon Music channel installed. I have a Prime subscription, and Amazon Music works on all my devices except the Roku device. I did the Amazon Code to link Roku to my Prime subscription. When I start the Amazon Music app on the Roku device, it will start and show my profile within the app. But when I select a music channel to play, all it does is sit there with the spinning wheel and never play the chosen music channel. Has anyone seen this and got a fix for it?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon Music Not Playing Issue - Help

Hi, @Jrod7

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

Thank you for notifying us about the issue you're experiencing. We understand how frustrating it can be, and we're here to help you resolve it. Based on the information you've provided, it appears you're facing a problem with playback. To assist you further, we suggest following the steps outlined below to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Another effective solution to address technical issues with the playback issue is to include a troubleshooting step by resetting your modem or router. This process can help to refresh the connection and resolve any underlying problems 

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jrod7
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately, after rebooting my internet router, deleting Amazon Music, rebooting my Roku Express 4k, adding the Amazon Music app, and using the Amazon.com/code link to register the Roku Express 4k device again, I still cannot play any music. 

Again, the Amazon Music app will start and show my profile, but nothing will play if I select any of the stations. This is very frustrating! 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Jrod7,

Thank you for the update,

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues right now with Amazon Music. As you've gone through troubleshooting steps, and confirmed that your Roku device is up to date, and all other channels are working normally, we’ll need to get you in touch with the channel publisher directly for further assistance here. Please contact them directly to follow up, and let them know what troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted.

Thanks,
Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos