Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jforget1
Reel Rookie

AirPlay prompting for code. Code fails.

Starting this weekend I am not able to connect via Airplay.    I get prompted to enter a 4 digit code.    On the Tv the code displays, but the authentication of the code fails.   Have tried numerous times.   I have tried switched to a password, but the pairing fails as well.   Setting’s doesn’t let me connect with no code at all.  Just whether it’s first connection only, or every time.  I have tried both and no luck.  

Any help is appreciated 

Joe

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jforget1
Reel Rookie

Re: AirPlay prompting for code. Code fails.

Forgot to mention I am running ios17 public beta 3 on an iPhone 14 pro.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jforget1,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Since you're prompted to enter a password, you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings." Then you will want to make sure your Roku device is compatible and has the appropriate Roku software installed. This can all be found here: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku® streaming device.

In addition, you'll want to make yo make sure that your Airplay is turned on. Go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay is set to On."

Please let us know how this works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jforget1
Reel Rookie

I have been using AirPlay on this tv for years.   I have checked the settings on the TV and AirPlay is on, and set to require a code first time only.  

IMG_0611.png

IMG_0612.jpeg

0 Kudos